Saturday 7 July 2018

Fashion: Giving off those Clueless Vibes (and staying cool in this heatwave)

As a nearly 25-year-old female, the chick-flick is something that has played an integral part of my upbringing. It’s fair to say that of all the chick flicks I have seen in my lifetime – and trust me, I’ve watched a lot of them – that Clueless, staring the beautifully amazing Alicia Silverstone, is up there with one of the best. As a reader, I’m naturally a big fan of Jane Austen and Emma, the book that Cluelessis loosely based on, is one of my favourite tales of misdemeanour and scheming. 

Fashion: Giving off those Clueless Vibes (and staying cool in this heatwave) | Hollie in Wanderlust | Fashion Blogger | Lifestyle Blogger | I saw it first dress

Fashion: Giving off those Clueless Vibes (and staying cool in this heatwave) | Hollie in Wanderlust | Fashion Blogger | Lifestyle Blogger | I saw it first dress

I must admit, I feel like an absolute nineties queen in this gorgeous bodycon dress. The last few months have involved me really coming to terms with my body image and I’ve been trying to push myself out of my monochrome comfort zone and wear clothes that are a little more ‘out there’ and show off my personality a little bit more than my usual attire. It also happens to be an absolute steal on I Saw It First – currently selling for £10. 

Fashion: Giving off those Clueless Vibes (and staying cool in this heatwave) | Hollie in Wanderlust | Fashion Blogger | Lifestyle Blogger | I saw it first dress

Fashion: Giving off those Clueless Vibes (and staying cool in this heatwave) | Hollie in Wanderlust | Fashion Blogger | Lifestyle Blogger | I saw it first dress

This dress is definitely outside of that comfort zone but I have to say, I absolutely love it. The yellow and black checked pattern is absolutely gorgeous and the whole outfit comes together when paired with some black heeled boots. I feel as though I’m really giving off that Clueless vibe but because of the cotton material and the length of the dress, I’m also able to stay nice and cool in this crazy British weather that we’re having at the moment. Tartan styled clothes really seem to be in at the moment so maybe for once I’m keeping up with the trends here! I must admit that I would be a little bit nervous to wear this one out and about during the day but I can see myself wearing this on a night out with a pair of heels and a curly blow and rocking the night away. 

How do you feel about the checked trend? In? Out? Shake it all about? Let me know in the comments.