Monday 17 April 2017

Beauty: A Little Body Shop Haul


In March, I was invited to an event at the Body Shop for the launch of their Mother’s Day range. Being the bad blogger that I am, I am INCREDIBLY late on reporting on that, but I do have a pretty good excuse: I was waiting on a parcel from the Body Shop to arrive to review. Obviously, I then had to try the products out so I could give my full, unbiased and detailed opinion on them… and finally, here we have it… a beauty post from the book blogger… who would have thunk it?

The Mother’s Day event was fabulous and I feel incredibly lucky to have been invited along to the Liverpool Bold Street store to check out the new additions to their range. However, I must admit that I was a lot more interested in a different range that the Body Shop have launched: the much acclaimed Drops of Youth range. At the event, one of the beauty advisors gave the range the most glowing report – she herself argued that it was the best thing the Body Shop have ever brought out and if that’s not high praise, then I honestly don’t know what is. She showed us a trio of different Liquid Peels (and gave a demo of just how disgusting an amount of dead skin cells accumulate on your body) and I was absolutely spellbound. Slightly melodramatic, perhaps, but true.

Beauty: A Little Body Shop Haul | Hollie In Wanderlust | Drops of Youth Liquid Peel

In spite of this, I was sceptical (of course I was, I’m a complete and utter cynic). I just had to give the range a go for myself. So off I went with a sample of each of the different skin peels and I took MUCH satisfaction in rubbing all the dead skin away and completely revitalising my skin. That’s where this haul comes in – my samples ran out and I found that actually, the range IS just as good as everyone said it was and I just HAD to buy a full sized bottle of one of the peels. After much thought, I decided that the Drops of Youth peel was the one that I liked the most and it did absolute wonders for my skin. The peel works at taking the top layer of dead skin off, leaving the new skin underneath and leaves your skin feeling fresh and bright. I am SO impressed by this product and think it’ll be staple in my daily routine now.

Beauty: A Little Body Shop Haul | Hollie In Wanderlust | Drops of Youth Liquid Peel

As well as the peel, I chose to purchase the Drops of Youth Youth Essence Lotion, to revitalise my skin further. I wear this one under my moisturiser on a day to day basis and it feels absolutely incredible on the skin- my skin feels really smooth and has an almost ‘fresh’ feel about it after I’ve used it. It retails at £15 which I would argue is quite expensive for what is essentially a toner, but you only need to use a few drops and a little really does go a long way. I’m pretty sure that this bottle will last me a very long time. I also treated myself to a product from the Vitamin C range, their Vitamin C facial polish. I’ve only used this one a few times but I absolutely LOVE the citrus-y smell that it has and it seems to be a good product, from what I’ve noticed so far.

Beauty: A Little Body Shop Haul | Hollie In Wanderlust | Liquid Lipsticks

My final purchases were actually made at the event itself – the lovely team at the Bold Street store offered us % off products that evening, so I was able to get two of The Body Shop’s liquid lipsticks (liquid lipsticks being my absolute favourite EVER makeup products) for practically pennies. The colours that I chose (Crete Carnation and Nairobi Camellia) are beautifully pigmented and have good hold, exactly what I look for in a liquid lippy. A very good purchase all round.


What other Body Shop products should I be buying? Let me know in the comments!