Wednesday 16 August 2017

Beauty: Curls for a Good Cause with GHD #BreastCancerNow

Of all of the events that I’ve attended over the years, I think my favourite ones to go to are hosted by Natalie at the Liverpool John Lewis counter of GHD. There’s absolutely nothing better than learning all about hair and different styles; all the more so if there’s a charity to support at the end of it all. Along with Danielle, Josie and Amy, pink lemonade in hand, we joined Natalie at the GHD counter, excited to learn all about the amazing work GHD has been doing in support of Breast Cancer Charities, particularly Breast Cancer Now.


Inspired by the pink infusion tone that has been popular EVERYWHERE recently, GHD have taken a leaf out of a lot of brands books to get involved in supporting research into global breast cancer charities. Since starting this collaboration 13 years ago, GHD has raised over 10 million pounds and have brought out a limited edition Pink Blush Collection with some of the proceeds going towards additional Breast Cancer Research.


Natalie talked us through the new collection and told us all about the work that GHD are doing with Little Princess Trust, collecting hair donations to make wigs for children suffering from cancer related hair-loss. In light of this, the new collection’s how-to content focuses on shorter hairstyles. My hair is no where near long enough for hair donation, unfortunately, but I’m almost tempted to have the chop anyway just so I can style these beautiful trends.


Of course, it wouldn’t be a GHD event with Natalie if she didn’t take the time to style our hair. My hair is incredibly thick so I’m usually a bit apprehensive to have curls put in it, for fear of making the stylist work on my hair for hours at a time. With loose curls in mind, Natalie worked wonders and my hair was beautifully curly in less than half an hour and I was all set to go out and about on the town.



You can purchase the new GHD Pink Blush Collection on GHD stands and online. Prices vary but each product includes a donation to a Cancer Research Charity.