Friday 1 July 2016

Goodreads: July To Read

I swear I say this every month, but WHO can believe it’s actually July? Time is going by so quickly! July’s going to be a pretty busy one for me, having just moved house and started a new job, graduation and induction onto my new masters course but of course, I’ll be making plenty of time to read alongside all of this! I have a fair few books on my monthly to-read list and I’m arguably being slightly over ambitious but oh well, any I don’t finish can just be pushed over to August! I’m trying to get through as many of my Netgalley ARCs as I can as I have quite a few in my dashboard and want to get my ratio back on track!

I’m about 350 pages through House Rules by Jodi Picoult at the moment and I’m absolutely loving where it’s headed. I’ve read quite a few books by Jodi before, most notably The Storyteller, which I voted as being one of my top reads of 2015. I’m aiming to finish this one before this post goes live, but who knows, everything’s a bit hectic at the moment!

I was sent a copy of Fell by Jenn Ashworth through Nikki at Sceptre, a branch of Hodder Books. This one is one that I can’t wait to get started with as it sounds like something that would be right up my street! I absolutely love the cover art and think it looks like a really beautiful book. It falls into the supernatural genre which isn’t what I normally go for but I’m more than willing to go out of my comfort zone and see how this one pans out!

I was recently lucky enough to be auto-approved on Netgalley by the AMAZING Penguin UK Michael Joseph. Obviously, as a book nerd, this thrilled me beyond belief and I took advantage of it by downloading a few of the books listed on their page. Amongst these, the 3rd book by Giovanna Fletcher entitled Always with Love. My cousin Leah absolutely raves about Giovanna’s books and although I haven’t yet read any of her back catalogue, I’m really looking forward to seeing what the fuss is about. I also received Liane Moriarty’s Truly Madly Guilty. I read her book The Husband’s Secret in 2014 and thought it was a really fabulous read, so I’m hoping that this one is up to the same standard. Finally, I also received a copy of Dear Amy by Helen Callaghan which, as a psychological thriller, is a book I’d go out and buy myself. I’m hoping that this one lives up to the hype and doesn’t disappoint!

From Simon and Schuster Fiction I have a copy of The Regulars by Georgia Clark. I know absolutely nothing about this one so it’s going to be a bit of a mystery when I start it, but I think I’m going to let it stay that way rather than read up on it like I normally do! Finally, from Sourcebooks Fire, I’m looking forward to getting stuck into a YA book, You Before Anyone Else by Julie Cross and Mark Perini. Again, I don’t know much about this one but I presume from the fact that there’re two authors that there are alternating perspectives and narrations.

Thanks to all of the aforementioned publishing houses for sending me copies of these books! I’m so excited to get stuck into them all!


What are you planning on reading this month?