Monday 8 May 2017

Goodreads: My May To Read List

Month 5 is upon us and I’m 23 books deep into my Goodreads reading challenge – can I get a woo?! I have a very busy month in May so I’m only going to give myself the target of 4 books this month- don’t want to set myself up to fail, after all.

Goodreads: My May To Read List | Hollie In Wanderlust. Featuring Big Little Lies, Levels of Life, Caraval and Strange the Dreamer.


The first book I’m reading this month is one that I’ve already read a significant chunk of – Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty. I’m really keen to watch the TV series based on this book, but naturally I can’t do that without reading the book first. I’m absolutely LOVING this story so far- I’m about three quarters of the way through and quite frankly, I have absolutely NO idea what the twist is going to be. I can’t wait to get it wrapped up tomorrow so I can finally sleep easily!

The second book I’ve chosen to devour for the month of May is one that was recommended to me by a fellow blogger! I reread The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes last month, and having posted about it on twitter was advised to give Barnes’ Levels of Life a go as well. This one is only a short read, so I imagine I’ll finish it quite quickly. I’ll be using it as a little break from psychological fiction- there’s only so much a girl can take before she gets way too jumpy!

Caraval is a book that I’ve been hearing SO much about over the last few months so I picked up a copy the last time I went book haul-ing. I’m not really sure what the story is about, other than the fact that it is a fantastical, magic-filled piece, so I’m excited to go into it completely blind to the plot. My final choice for the month is another fantastical novel, Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor. I am way too excited to finally get stuck into this one; it’s a book that’s been on my radar for way too long now, so my goal for this month is to finally tick it off my incredibly long list.


What are you planning on reading this month? Let me know!