Wednesday 7 September 2016

Goodreads: Things I HATE When I'm Reading



Reading is one of those hobbies that I get incredibly into. When I’m reading a book, I’m easily agitated by those around me and get annoyed by people disrupting my little reading bubble although it is relatively difficult to distract my attentiona way from a book I’m completely stuck into. I thought I’d put together a little list, albeit joke-y, of things that do my nut in while I’m trying to get through a good old book!

People trying to talk to me.
Chances are when I’m reading, I’m not paying attention to what’s going on around me. If you’re going to try and speak to me, I probably won’t hear what you’re saying. If you interrupt my reading to speak to me, I probably won’t like you all that much. Especially if I’ve just gotten to a good part.

The “Oh, I’ve read that book! Have you got to the part where…”
ZIP IT. SPOILERS! Did anyone tell you what happened whilst you were reading the book? Would you have liked it if they had have done? No, probably not. So WHY do you feel the need to risk spoiling a book I’m reading and most likely enjoying? Exactly. Stop.

I don’t much like that author…
Do you not? Oh, that’s a shame. But why did you just interrupt me to tell me that? Chances are if I’m reading the book, I probably do like the author and my opinions probably not going to change because you don’t… Everyone has different tastes, ours obviously aren’t the same!

People making unnecessary amounts of noise around me.
I’m looking at you, boyfriend. No, you’re not allowed to cheer when the football’s on if I’m reading next to you. You’re definitely not allowed to chomp your way (loudly!) through a bag of cheesy doritos. Want to watch a movie? Watch it in the bedroom. You’re being distracting and I’m going to murder you.*


(*All of this written in jest. No boyfriends have been injured during a reading marathon. Yet.)


Follow