Friday 17 July 2015

Haul: MAC Cosmetics


I recently treated myself to a few items from MAC cosmetics. I had to seriously fight the urge of spending the remainder of my wage on lipsticks but I managed to resist and only chose two things, both of which I actually needed. 



I mentioned a few months ago that I lost my makeup bag whilst at a train station in Lyon and I’ve been slowly but surely replacing what was inside it. I managed to replace everything bar my primer, and I found that my makeup has been slipping very quickly recently, especially with the lovely weather that we’ve been having. I was using a Sephora primer but obviously we don’t have a Sephora in the UK so I decided to turn to the ever so trusty MAC. I decided to go with the Prep + Prime Fix + priming mist and I absolutely love the product. It’s MUCH better than the primer I was using before, adds moisture to my skin without making it greasy and my makeup lasts a lot longer than it did before. I’ve been using it for around 3 weeks now and it’s fantastic, it seems to be lasting really well and as an added bonus, the bottle is quite large. It costs £17 for 100ml which isn’t bad at all, I’m very happy with this. 




The other item that I treated myself to was a lip liner, in the colour Soar. I wanted something that I could wear with my Velvet Teddy lipstick and I think that this liner goes beautifully with it. It’s a very creamy formula which I love, as my lips can get quite dry around the edges. Application is very easy and it goes on without any issues. I tend to lick my lips but I’ve noticed that it stays on quite well in spite of this. I’ve never really bought any lip liners from MAC before but I definitely will be going back for some more in future. 

What have you treated yourself to from MAC recently? What should I purchase on my next trip to one of their counters? Let me know in the comments!