Thursday 23 July 2015

Review: Millie Marotta's Animal Kingdom Adult Colouring Book




I’ve seen a lot of these lovely colouring books around and wanted to buy one for quite a while. I managed to pick this beautiful one by Millie Marotta up on amazon for £4, and I absolutely love it! 

The designs are very intricate and fiddly and I thought that I’d get really frustrated by this because I am an absolute perfectionist, but that’s really not the case. It’s actually really relaxing and I’m enjoying taking my time colouring it in and choosing all the colours. Much to my glee, there’s a tortoise design to do where you can draw patterns on the shell so I’m very excited to get artistic on that one- tortoises are my absolute favourite animals in the world (I’m even planning on getting a little tortoise tattoo very soon!) 

In terms of value for money, I think the retail price is actually quite reasonable. At first I was a little skeptical, because £10 for a colouring book is pretty steep, but the amount of pictures in the book and the detail of the drawings themselves definitely justify the price. When you’ve finished colouring them in you could definitely frame them and display them around the house- they are just that beautiful! 


Have you tried any adult colouring books out? Do you like them? Let me know in the comments!