Friday 24 July 2015

Life: Friday Five

I’ve seen a few people do posts like this and I thought it was a wonderful idea! I’ve written my own questions for now, but I’ll probably take some inspiration off other bloggers over the coming weeks! 

FIVE THINGS I LOVE
  1. Reading is probably my ultimate hobby. I have a ridiculous amount of books and I love going to bookstores to choose more (even when my “to-read” pile is already a mile high!) I spend a lot of my spare time engrossed in a good book. 
  2. I also spend a lot of my time watching the beautiful game. I’m a proud fan of Burnley Football Club and while I can’t really get over to watch games at Turf Moor anymore, because of university and work commitments, I do my bit and go to away games when I can nearer to where I live. I will genuinely watch any football game that’s on television, regardless of the team, league or country, and I can spend hours chatting to people about it as well. 
  3. I’m a bit of a makeup lover and while I don’t have all that much in terms of blush and face products, the amount of lipsticks, glosses, mascaras and nail varnishes that I own is getting ridiculously out of hand. I am an absolutely MAC obsessed and the thought of their lipsticks gives me little happy feels. I’m also a huge fan of the YSL lipstick ranges as their formulas are on another level.
  4. I’m way too into the Disney franchise. I love all of their movies, buy the memorabilia (fun fact: I spent around 100 euros in the Champs Élysées Disney store when I was in Paris in May on Aristocats stuff alone.) My favourite Disney movies are definitely the Hunchback of Notre Dame and (unsurprisingly) The Aristocats. I’ve been receiving copies of the DVDs off the same Aunt for years as I wanted to build up the collection for my own future children in advance.
  5. I love cats, kittens and all things feline. I don’t own my own cat unfortunately but I’ll definitely be getting myself a fluffy kitty at some point in the next few years.
FIVE THINGS I HATE 
  1. People who take everything for granted I’ve been brought up to be taught just how lucky I am to live the life I do, and it frustrates me watching people around me who don’t appreciate what and who they have in their life. 
  2. People who borrow my books and return them dog eared This is an absolute pet peeve of mine. I like to keep my books in pristine condition. With the exception of the few books I picked up in charity stores, all of my books are perfect- no bent pages, no cracked spine, no ruined covers. It drives me crazy when people borrow my books and don’t return them in the condition that they were in when they got them. It’s all about respect, people
  3. Snakes They really, really, really creep me out. I don’t think this requires all that much of an explanation really.
  4. Messiness I absolutely can’t stand mess. My room is a bit of a mess at the moment as I’m in the middle of packing things up to go to my new house and the state of it is driving me insane- it’s not even all that bad, just a few boxes on the floor and piles of clothes that need packing in a case on my desk, but it makes me feel very untidy. I can’t wait until everything’s packed up and then unpacked in my new house so I can make everything pretty again!
  5. Negativity I’m constantly trying to be more positive about myself and things around me, but it’s very difficult when you’re surrounded by people who are constantly negative. I cannot stand the negative Nellies of this world and thing we’d be in a much better place if people looked at the positives rather than focusing on the negatives. 
FIVE DREAMS I HAVE 
  1. Go to America and visit New York, Chicago, San Francisco and California. 
  2. Qualify as a Primary School teacher.
  3. Write a novel (definitely a work in progress.)
  4. Get married and have children.
  5. Complete the Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge (this is definitely more of a dream than a reality!)
FIVE BOOKS I ADORE
I’m not going to give explanations here because I don’t want to ruin the plots of these books, but I recommend that you read all of them- they are beautiful masterpieces that should be appreciated by the masses.
  1. Flowers for Algernon- Daniel Keyes
  2. Just Listen - Sarah Dessen
  3. His Dark Materials - Philip Pullman
  4. Notre Dame de Paris - Victor Hugo
  5. Thérèse Raquin - Emile Zola
FIVE BLOGS I READ RELIGIOUSLY
  1. Daisy @ http://daisies-and-delights.blogspot.co.uk
  2. Holly Rhian @ http://www.itshollyrhian.blogspot.co.uk
  3. Nicole @ http://l00nylovegood.blogspot.co.uk
  4. Kat @ http://www.talesofapaleface.com
  5. Lily @ http://www.pintsizedbeauty.com